3M™ Scotch-Weld™ EC-3524 Void Filling and Edge Sealing Compound is a
two-part flame retardant epoxy. Scotch-Weld EC-3524 B/A Compound can be used
for void filling, edge sealing, and as an abradable compound in aircraft engines.
• Sandable within three hours of mixing.
• Cures to a strong, low-density material within 48 hours at 75°F (24°C).
• Meets the flammability requirements of F.A.R. 25.853 (a) and (b).
• The compound has thixotropic properties for ease of application.
• Base comes in blue or pale blue, accelerator is white to ensure complete and
• Can be used as a fairing compound for aerodynamic flushness.
• Reinforces honeycomb.
• Can be used for bonding inserts.
• Service temperature of 250°F (121°C).
• 100% solids.
• Seals and provides impact resistance to honeycomb panels edges.