RTV162 White Silicone Sealant is a paste, one-component, ready-to-use electronic grade silicone sealant manufactured by Momentive Performance Materials. It cures to a tough, resilient silicone rubber at room temperature. RTV162 White Silicone Sealant is recommended for use in aerospace, automotive, appliance and other industries which incorporate electronic components into a finished product. RTV162 is recommended for sealing and bonding of electronic components onto printed circuit boards and protecting copper connections on electronic parts assemblies.
Key Features and Benefits
- Non-corrosive to electronic metals, including copper and brass
- Low odor cure, releasing an alcohol vapor from the sealant surface during cure
- UL Recognition. RTV162 is recognized by Underwriters Laboratories, Inc. under their Component Recognition Program (UL File No. E-36952)
- Retains elastomeric properties for long periods at temperatures from -60°C (-75°F) to 205°C (400°F) and for short periods up to 260°C (500°F)
- One component
- Cure at room temperature
- Excellent electrical insulation properties
- Excellent resistance to moisture, dust, dirt, UV, ozone and chemicals
Safety Precautions: Comply with all local safety, disposal and transportation regulations. Check the Safety Data Sheet (SDS) and label of the individual products carefully before using the products. SDS’s are available on request.